SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#215254 - 09/13/06 09:08 PM Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Gang,

just got back from a "birthday suprise trip" to Vegas from my lovely wife.
She got me front row seat tickets to the new Cirque Du Soleil show: "LOVE"
All I can say is: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Talking about your perfect PA system.....
They got the latest in sound technology.
Speakers everywhere including in your seat.

Plus what George Martin and his son have done with the Beatles songs: simply unbelievable.
ALL songs are remixed and often have elements from other songs. they used over 150 songs in part or whole for the show.
Add a killer sound system and you think you're at a Beatles live concert.
They brought the Beatles into the 21st Century. Wooooooow. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]
Plus the visuals, plus, plus, plus.

A birthday can't get better than that. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Any of you guys have a chance to go; do it.
You won't regret it.

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 09-13-2006).]

#215255 - 09/14/06 03:29 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I DO !
Always have, always will!
They were one of my earliest influences. Back in 64, we Americans were mourning the loss of our president and needed a lift to snap us out of our grief - them, BAM! The "lads' arrived and set the world on it's edge. Music has never been the same, and I am in the 33rd year of a career that got it's kick start from those mop tops.

All you need is Love !

#215256 - 09/14/06 04:46 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Me three. Love the Beatles also. I'm a sixties child (but not born in the sixties ). Love most of the British invasion team: Beatles, Rolling Stones, Dave Clark 5, Animals, Fredie and the Dreamers, Gerry and the Pacemakers. Still love rock and roll.
Starkeeper

#215257 - 09/14/06 05:16 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm right there a real Beatles fan! Was in the 7 th grade of school when they hit the Ed Sullivan show. I play one particular Coffee house about once per month during brunch hours. I always include about 16 of my favorite Beatle tunes during one set. The audienceloves the set.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-14-2006).]

#215258 - 09/14/06 05:21 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Ah, the Beatles...simply the best and the greatest! Comes no one even close. Record sales of over a billion! That's still four times more then the second best-selling artist(s).

#215259 - 09/14/06 05:28 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, .......
That HAD to be a great show Eric ...
Even though I'm in the 'older' group - grew up on Elvis, Jerry Lee, Chuck, etc. ... I was into the Beatles once they arrived ... their 'clean', fresh approach to music set them apart ...
I also do a number of Beatle tunes as instrumentals - bossas, ballads, up-tempo, whatever - ... I have a real nice CD of Beatle songs played on acoustic guitar - nice ...
t.

#215260 - 09/14/06 06:09 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
My favorite of all. After having read it maybe three time already, I'm reading "A Hard Day's Write" (I think that's the title), a book about the "story behind the song" for most all of their songs. Fascinating. Still blows me away how fast they wrote. Unbelievable. Like, an album every six months. Not just any old album, incredible song after incredible song. Everything in the universe aligned to bring those guys together.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#215261 - 09/14/06 07:02 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Eric. First of all, Happy belated Birthday! Thanks also for the heads up on the Cirque Du Soleil show: "LOVE". What a memorable Birthday gift from your lovely wife Claudia.

The Beatles rein at or near the very top of my all time favorite bands too. Like tin pan alley standards, many sound great utilizing distinctly different grooves (from: swing, bossa, to funk, shuffle & hiphop) than originally recorded by the Beatles, allowing us to delivery a fresh updated sound to their timeless rock classics. Unlike most rock band counterparts of their era, the Beatles experimented succesfully with mulitple time signatures, multiple keys and rhythms, and incoroprated classical musical elements to their music.

btw: just in case some of you didn't know, one of my website SONG DEMOS " Things We Said Today " is a classic Lennon/McCartney Beatles tune. I think it's time for me to record another Beatles tune.

Scott

#215262 - 09/14/06 07:13 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
....Unlike most rock band counterparts of their era, the Beatles experimented succesfully with mulitple time signatures, multiple keys and rhythms, and incoroprated classical musical elements to their music.
Scott

........ amongst other 'experimentations'
t.

#215263 - 09/14/06 07:40 AM Re: Do you "LOVE" the Beatles?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Was really getting into the whole Brazilian thing when the Beatles came on the scene, but there's no doubt about their significant impact on pop muisc of the time and music in general.

They were GREAT!

Russ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online